We understand that integrating environmental, social, and governance initiatives (ESG) into our operations is important, and that there is a link between our sustainability efforts and our continued success. Our ESG Plans are in different stages of development for different subsidiaries, and are designed (or being designed) to capture metrics tailored to each of them.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
Our EHS policy is to conduct business in a manner which safeguards people, the environment, and our assets.
Our employees and the public are the number one priority of this policy.
Our employees and contractors must comply with this policy. We have implemented an environmental, health, and safety (EHS) management system to accomplish the objectives of this policy.
Our EHS Policy Objectives
Identify and eliminate risks to employees, contractors, and the environment.
Manage all risks which cannot be eliminated.
Design and maintain facilities to ensure proper safeguards are in place to protect people, the environment, and the asset.
Educate all employees and contractors of the hazards and risks associated with operations.
Provide operations and maintenance training to employees that will enable them to perform their jobs safely and effectively.
Verify that all employees and contractors understand they are responsible for their safe performance while completing all tasks on the job.
Work with government agencies and first responders to ensure an appropriate and effective response will be executed in the event of an emergency situation.
Conduct safety, environmental and operational evaluations to measure compliance with the EHS management system programs and standards.
Continuously improve the EHS management system to ensure we meet compliance objectives with all environmental, health, and safety regulations.
To view the EHS policy and community outreach initiatives for each subsidiary, click on the desired business unit link below.
People make the difference. Investing in our internal and external relationships results in value creation for all.
Do the right thing. Always. With customers, with partners, with investors, and with each other.
We give our best every day. Seeking to deliver exceptional value to all our stakeholders.
We embrace differences, which we believe makes us a stronger and more successful company.
Safety and Environmental Stewardship
The safety and care of our people, the environment, and the communities we live and conduct business in is a top priority.
Our company and employees have a history of supporting local communities through fundraising and charitable activities.
- Since 1997 we have donated to the Oklahoma Energy Resources Board (OERB), a private agency that cleans up orphaned and abandoned well-sites in Oklahoma.
- We contribute annually to numerous charitable organizations, including the Chamber of Commerce, the United Way, and several museums and educational organizations.
- As part of our continuing commitment to the renewal of downtown Tulsa and the strengthening of our local economy, we donated $250,000 toward the construction of a new baseball stadium for Tulsa.
- Our employees give of their time, money, and effort to support area families through organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- As an extension of our company culture and promoting active lifestyles for our employees and their families, Unit donated $3 million dollars to the construction of Tulsa’s Gathering Place. With the Unit’s donation, we were able to sponsor the Picnic Grove located within the Chapman Foundation Adventure Playground. The Picnic Grove is a large area for school groups to gather before exploring the park or for families to picnic in the playground.